Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Food

Hello my "3" Followers! No doubt you're wondering whether or not I fell off the planet. Not quite, but I definitely fell off the wagon. For a while I could blame it on stress, however, now that my life seems to be in order, and pretty darn good, I have no one to blame but myself.

So here I am, back on the Wagon - a covered wagon no less - no point frightening anyone!

Today I met my walking buddy at Spencer Smith Park and proceeded down the bike trail (wishing all the while for my bicycle). Michelle was very patient in light of various reasons I found to stop along the way. "I'm out of shape." (Sure, let's state the obvious.) "I need some water." "My right leg is cramped, but my left leg seems just fine." (I knew she'd find this extremely interesting. Even as I said it I felt like a complete idiot.) "Try butt crunches" she replied. (I'm not sure if those were her exact words, but you get the idea.) "That way everything will tighten up at once." Hmm, ass aerobics - heck I could do that sitting in a chair. lol. (That's right, any excuse to sit down.) Exercise, when not implemented on a daily basis, can be challenging. However, the feeling of accomplishment can last an entire day!

Tomorrow morning, anticipating the worst, I will once again step on those scales. (Although I pride myself on being a positive person, I find in cases like this it's better to lower my expectations.) As once reflected, if scales could talk, no doubt mine will be chastizing, "ARE YOU FRIGGIN' KIDDING ME? GET OFF! GET OFF! GET OFF!"

Breakfast/Lunch combo:

3 slices Black Forest Ham
3 Slice Fat-free Swiss Cheese
1 Large Tortilla

Snack:

1/2 oz Apple Wood Cheddar
3 Carr's Table Wafers

Dinner:

1 cup celery sticks
1/2 cup carrot sticks
1/2 cup cauliflower
1 cup cucumbers (teeny bit of salt)
1/2 oz Apple Wood Cheddar
1/2 oz Old Cheddar Cheese
1 Chicken Breast (no skin)
1/2 cup Red Pepper Hummus


No comments:

Post a Comment