Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day One - Herbal Magic & The Prince of Wales

Yesterday I began "day one" with Herbal Magic.  Brett's Christmas gift - a promise of accountability, perseverance, and success!  Weighing in at 311.6 lbs (I'm ashamed to admit) I suddenly found myself promoted from fat to obese.

"Cheer up!"  Natalie said, "We're here to help you - you won't be this size forever!"  I know this is true.  Two years ago I lost 95 lbs on Herbal Magic.  Due to financial complications I was forced to leave the program.  I always regretted it.  Had I stayed on program I wouldn't be writing this blog today.  Then you'd be deprived of this fabulous alternative to sleeping pills.  Even though it's midnight, try to stay awake.

At the start of the program, it's essential to be measured - neck, breasts (or as Natalie says, "the ladies"), stomach (2 fingers above the belly button), abdomen (two fingers below the belly button), hips/buttocks (apparently measuring tapes do come in yards), thighs, calves and ankles.

Next comes the humiliating photograph that far surpasses any of those school photos you used to dread.  This time around, just for fun, I decided to look pregnant for the side view.  My posture blown to hell I figured I was about 9 months along, maybe 10.  (What can I say? I'm practically carrying another person inside of me.)  Of course I did show off my dazzling smile.  You never know when the next Herbal Magic television commercial opportunity may arise.

Natalie and I sat down and talked over my goals.  I definitely want to lose 50 lbs by Easter weekend.  Terri, one of my very best friends (since Grade 10) is getting married in Niagara on the Lake.  Brett and I booked a hotel room for two nights.  I really, REALLY want to look nice for Terri...no, that's total crap.  The truth is I want my husband to throw me on that Prince of Wales four-poster bed and ravish me - the NEW me.  (Sorry Terri...I still love ya!)

Breakfast

1 large tortilla, toasted
1 tblsp almond butter
4 oz almond milk with coffee
2 1/2 oz turkey

Lunch

1 cup cucumber, sliced
1/2 cup green grapes
4 oz almond milk with coffee

Snack

1 medium orange

Dinner

2 cups lettuce
2 tblsp fat free dressing
2 1/2 eggs
8 oz steak
1 cup asparagus
1 cup mushrooms with pepper

Snack

1 1/2 cup strawberries

8 x 8 oz Water

Exercise

Goal:      45 minutes on the exercise bike
Actual:   4.8 minutes on the exercise bike (leg cramp)
             15 minutes stretches / hand weights

No comments:

Post a Comment